Topic-icon Weapon Icons

• rusty
  • rusty's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
More
5 years 7 months ago - 5 years 7 months ago #155 by rusty
Weapon Icons was created by rusty
Hi there Insane hope you are well m8 :) the site looks great bud well done there B) Ok so i need a little help what i want to do is add a custom weapon picture to a weapon its a custom Thompson replacement, the weapon picture i want to replace is the one you will see in this screen shot it shows the Garand at the bottom left hand side of the screen just next to the medal thats the picture i want to replace with a new one, also could you tell me the size of that picture if it needs to be a Pacific size? and where do i put it ? what file? and what would i name it so it would show up the new replacement picture for the Thompson?

Any help as always bud would be much appreciated :)

File Attachment:
Last edit: 5 years 7 months ago by rusty.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• rusty
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
More
5 years 7 months ago #157 by rusty
Replied by rusty on topic Weapon Icons
Its like the picture you would see in say CSS on your selection screen for the weapon you might want to use, i want to be able to show the custom weapon.
Now the custom weapon has been made and ready to go but i wanted just to add if i could the custom weapon, the proper preview of that custom weapon not just the default picture the custom weapon will replace, any help you guys might be able to give me would be much appreciated thanks :)

More
5 years 7 months ago - 5 years 7 months ago #159 by INsane
Replied by INsane on topic Weapon Icons
That one is difficult to manipulate, all of those are in two files dod_weapons01.vtf and dod_weapons01_glow.vtf they can be found in dod/materials/scripts/hud

The dod_weapons01_glow.vtf sits behind dod_weapons01.vtf for a glow effect.

As you can see all the weapons icons are in one big image, it's the same for the death icons too.

How does it display:
The "mod_textures.txt" file in dod/scripts has settings that the engine looks at when you change, it references a x and y pos in the image and a tall and wide setting.
In the Thompson case it is ...
"wpn_tommy"
		{	
			"file"		"sprites/hud/dod_weapons01"
			"x"		"0"
			"y"		"0"
			"width"		"350"
			"height"	"122"
			}

So all you have to do is ensure you only alter that part of the image in both files and change the gun graphic.

MY SIG IS NOT MADE YET www.dodbits.com
Attachments:
Last edit: 5 years 7 months ago by INsane.

• rusty
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
More
5 years 6 months ago - 5 years 6 months ago #170 by rusty
Replied by rusty on topic Weapon Icons
Hay there INsane sorry not got back to you sooner, but ive been unwell back on me feet now :) But anways m8 thank you for taking the time to help me out, its much appreciated bud B)
Last edit: 5 years 6 months ago by rusty.

Time to create page: 0.076 seconds

dodbits.com Copyright © 2014. All Rights Reserved.